Saturday, December 1, 2012

New goodness at auction on eBay this week - bring on the comic strip books!

A couple months ago I bought an entire collection of vintage comic strip books at an estate sale. It was one of those, "Hey, if no one buys these, will you cut me a deal if I come back at the end of the sale and get them ALL?" type deals. Needless to say, no one bought them, so I cleaned the place out.

Fast forward to this week, I finally decided I was tired of looking at the pile. If you've ever dealt with a bunch of books (or magazines) you know it can be a pretty time consuming ordeal - sorting, checking out condition, etc. etc. I had decided when I bought them that I would list them all in lots, so at least I didn't have to spend a bunch of time worrying about pulling books out to list individually...


The best of all the books, in my humble opinion, are the 14 Calvin & Hobbes books - that is just 3 books shy of a complete set (not including the deluxe boxed set). You might remember, I spent a LONG time thrifting myself a complete collection, book by book... So believe me I was super excited when I found this many all in one shot. They are all in great shape too - I was definitely tempted to keep a few, to replace my copies that aren't in as good of condition. But, I decided to go ahead and list them all for someone else to score... You're welcome. :)


The other ones I was tempted to keep were the older Peanuts copies - I really dig the early style a lot more than the later - the kids, and Snoopy, are younger, and I don't know, just sweeter I guess:

I listed another batch of Peanuts paperbacks in my Etsy shop, they were all duplicates of ones that are in the eBay lot:


Plus I have a lot of hardcover ones, all but one are actually from Weekly Reader: 


There are quite a few more lots - too many to post them all here: Garfield, Cathy, Andy Capp, The Family Circle, The Far Side, Dennis The Menace, Beetle Bailey, B.C., The Wizard of Id, plus a big lot of a bunch of different titles - click on over to check them all out!

Besides books I did list a few other goodies, hopefully I'll have a lot more to show you next week also, I bought a TON of stuff this weekend at a couple big estate sales - probably the last really good ones of the year, unless I am extra lucky... So stay tuned! :)







No comments: